2014 RTA priorities
See below for our top 2014 priorities. See the 2014 RTA Action Plan for an overview of each strategic goal and objective for every RTA focus area.
Summary of 2014 RTA Priorities
• Construct the Triangle Connector to I-85
• Develop bus rapid transit-based alternative as basis for comparison with draft Wake transit plan
• Minimize impact of Fortify I-40/440 Rebuild project on mobility and commerce
• Strengthen international and domestic air service at RDU
• Complete 540 in southern Wake County
• Advance higher speed rail to Richmond and Washington, D.C.
• Convert U.S. 70 and U.S. 1 North to a freeway
• Create express lanes on I-40 and I-540
• Implement part-time ramp metering signals pilot on I-540
• Implement intersection innovations including synchronized streets and controlled roundabouts
Download an overview of our current RTA priorities, as well as a list of our chairs council and Leadership Team, here.