RTA > Priorities > 2014 RTA priorities
See below for our top 2014 transportation priorities. Click here for our current legislative and policy priorities. See the 2014 RTA Action Plan for an overview of each strategic goal and objective for every RTA focus area.
Summary of 2014 RTA transportation priorities
• Construct the Triangle Connector to I-85
• Develop bus rapid transit-based alternative as basis for comparison with draft Wake transit plan
• Minimize impact of I-40/440 "Fortify" Rebuild project on mobility and commerce with targeted improvements, BOSS, and alternative routes
• Strengthen domestic and international air service at RDU
• Complete 540 in southern and eastern Wake County
• Advance higher speed rail to Richmond and Washington, D.C.
• Convert U.S. 70 and U.S. 1 North to a freeway
• Create express lanes or express shoulder lanes on I-40, I-540, and other freeways
• Implement ramp metering signals pilot on I-540
• Implement intersection innovations including synchronized streets and controlled roundabouts
Download an overview of our current RTA priorities, as well as a list of our chairs council and Leadership Team, here.
Review our transportation system's vitals, and compare how our area stacks up against other growing regions.
Click below to join your fellow business leaders who are making a positive difference in our region's mobility and quality of life.
Regional Transportation Alliance
Box 2978 - Raleigh, NC 27602
800 South Salisbury Street - Raleigh, NC 27601
© Copyright 2010 Regional Transportation Alliance
All Rights Reserved | Privacy