RTA > Priorities > RTA transportation priorities
See below for our top transportation priorities. Click here for our current legislative and policy priorities. See the 2015 RTA Action Plan for an overview of each strategic goal and objective for every RTA focus area.
Summary of current RTA transportation priorities
• Construct the Triangle Connector to I-85 freeway
• Support Wake Transit initiative and incorporate bus rapid transit in one or both draft scenarios
• Minimize impact of I-40/440 "Fortify" Rebuild project on mobility and commerce with targeted improvements, BOSS, and alternative routes
• Strengthen domestic and international air service at RDU
• Complete 540 in southern and eastern Wake County
• Advance higher speed rail to Richmond and Washington, D.C.
• Convert U.S. 70 between Durham and Raleigh/I-540 and U.S. 1 north of Raleigh to a freeway
• Create express lanes or express shoulder lanes on I-40, I-540, and other freeways
• Implement pilot flow-protected freeway corridor on I-540 using ramp metering signals
• Implement intersection innovations including dual left flashing yellow arrow (FYA) and Synchronized Streets
Download an overview of our current RTA priorities, as well as a list of our chairs council and Leadership Team, here.
Click below to join your fellow business leaders who are making a positive difference in our region's mobility and quality of life.
Regional Transportation Alliance
Box 2978 - Raleigh, NC 27602
800 South Salisbury Street - Raleigh, NC 27601
© Copyright 2010 Regional Transportation Alliance
All Rights Reserved | Privacy