A home run for RDU, RTA, and our region’s economy
August 15, 2012 - 2:01pm
Daily non-stop flights between RDU Airport and San Francisco begin today
RTA’s highest priority for domestic air service reaches fruition today with the commencement of new non-stop service connecting the Triangle region to Silicon Valley.
- Provides faster, more convenient service for both business and leisure travel
- Nonstop service to United’s San Francisco hub will simplify connecting service to west coast destinations
A delegation of community leaders led by Gov. Bev Perdue took the inaugural flight this morning on a sold-out aircraft.
The creation of a new nonstop flight from RDU to the San Francisco Bay/Silicon Valley area removes a primary obstacle to expanded business investment and strengthens our region’s ability to attract new companies.
The flights will provide excellent arrival and departure times for travel to northern California and connections to the Pacific Rim.
- Daily eastbound flights will depart SFO at 1:00 pm and arrive RDU at 9:10 pm
- Daily westbound flights will depart RDU at 6:47 am and arrive SFO at 9:43 am
- Arrivals at SFO timed to allow easy connections to Asia-bound flights leaving SFO at 11am
- Simplified connections to Pacific Rim destinations include Tokyo, Hong Kong, Osaka, Shanghai, Beijing, Seoul and more
The RTA commends the shared efforts of RDU International Airport, the business community, and other partners which have made this crucial new travel option a reality.
For more information: RDU website
Related news: News and Observer: 1,2; WRAL; NBC-17