2022 RTA Regional Transit Awareness Day
Thursday, September 29, 2022
7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
$40 – Public sector partner
$70 – RTA member / non-profit partner
$90 – General pricing (after September 21)
Note: Limit one registration per private sector organization during early registration (approx. September 22).
Note: Space is limited.
RTA Regional Transit Awareness Day was an opportunity for the regional business community and area elected and transportation leaders to focus on transit options and opportunities.
This event provided a level set / awareness of the region’s current multimodal offerings and plans through a series of leadership briefings and transit field visits, along with an understanding about the opportunities that purposeful additional investment can afford our region.
RTA thanks each of our region’s transit partners for their assistance in the planning and execution of the event.
This event has already occured and registration is closed. Contact Jacob Rigg, RTA membership operations coordinator, for more information.
SUMMARY OF WORKING AGENDA
RTA Regional Transit Awareness Day:
Thursday, September 29, 2022 – draft schedule overview
(all times approximate; agenda subject to change)
- 7a – 7:15a – Attendee arrival, at RTP
Participants will meet at 800 Park Offices Drive, RTP
Attendees requested to arrive by 7:15 am
Attendee registration occurs here; includes distribution of nametags, Whisper units
Tripper buses will shuttle attendees to GoTriangle Regional Transit Center (RTC)
Event buses provided by Chapel Hill Transit and GoDurham/City of Durham
- 7:30a – Welcome breakfast and Leadership briefing 1: Overview of day, Cary focus, RTC, at GoTriangle RTC
Breakfast provided by GoCary/Town of Cary
- 8:30a – Transit field visit 1: RTC to Raleigh via regional/local bus
- 9:15a – Leadership briefing 2: Raleigh, at Union Station
Refreshments provided by GoRaleigh/City of Raleigh
- 10:00a – Transit field visit 2: Raleigh to Durham via passenger rail
Dedicated passenger coaches provided by NCDOT
- 10:30a – Leadership briefing 3: Durham, at Durham Station
- 11:30a – Transit field visit 3: Durham to Chapel Hill and Carrboro via regional/local bus
- 12:15p – Lunch and Leadership briefing 4: Chapel Hill and Carrboro, at Hilton Carrboro
- 1:45p – Transit field visit 4: Carrboro and Chapel Hill to RTP via regional/local bus
- 2:30p – Closing reception/discussion at RTP, 800 Park Offices Drive
- Closing reception hosted by the Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
- by 4:30p – event scheduled to end
- City of Raleigh / GoRaleigh
- GoTriangle / Employer Services
- NCDOT / Rail Division, Integrated Mobility Division
- Town of Cary / GoCary
- Town of Chapel Hill / Chapel Hill Transit
- RDU International Airport
ABOUT THE RTA BUSINESS COALITION
The Regional Transportation Alliance is the voice of the regional business community on transportation in North Carolina’s Research Triangle region, and a regional program of the Raleigh Chamber.
Founded in 2002, RTA is a metropolitan, private-public partnership that drives consensus and action. More than 100 leading companies work in concert through the RTA alongside more than 25 member chambers of commerce across 13 counties in central and eastern North Carolina and a host of number of regional partners.
RTA delivers business leadership to get our region moving faster. Learn more at letsgetmoving.org.
Regional Leadership Team
RTA Gold Members
Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
Pinnacle Financial Partners
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Red Hat, Inc.
Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC
Wake County Economic Development (EDGE6)
Wetherill Engineering, Inc
RTA Silver Members
AT&T North Carolina
Bolton & Menk
Capitol Broadcasting Co., Inc.
Chatham Park / Preston Development
Coastal Federal Credit Union
First Citizens Bank
First National Bank
Fox Rothschild LLP
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
ms consultants, inc.
North Carolina Railroad Company
North Carolina State University
Ramey Kemp & Associates, Inc.
SAS Institute Inc.
The Sunrock Group
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
UNC Chapel Hill
Wake Technical Community College
RTA Senior Regional Partners
Capital Area MPO
Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO
City of Durham
GoRaleigh / City of Raleigh
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Town of Cary
Town of Morrisville
Triangle J Council of Governments
RTA Bronze members
Alfred Benesch & Company
Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Gregory Poole Equipment Company
McKim & Creed
Trinity Capital Partners
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
York Properties, Inc./McDonald-York Building Company