The Research Triangle Foundation and the RTA business coalition were pleased to partner on a special RTP Owners & Tenants meeting on December 10, 2020.
The online meeting covered a number of surface transportation issues, policies, and priorities, and highlighted the ongoing partnership between RTP, RTA, and many regional transportation partners.
You can download the full presentation here.
In addition, you can watch all or part of the event recording below, featuring the following topics and speakers:
- Overview and introductions — Scott Levitan, RTP; Joe Milazzo, RTA; Maeve Gardner, GSK and RTA chair [slides 1-4 / video 0:00 – 5:04]
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) projects in Chapel Hill and Wake County (Raleigh, Cary, Garner) — Matt Cecil, Town of Chapel Hill and Michael Moore, City of Raleigh [slides 5-27 / video 5:05 – 25:34]
- A Triangle FAST (Freeway And Street-based Transit) network concept — Julie White, NCDOT Deputy Secretary [slides 28-40 / video 25:35 – 35:13]
- Regional commuter rail — Chuck Lattuca, GoTriangle [slides 41-53 / video 35:14 – 47:02] (see also this GoTriangle video on south Florida business and transportation leader perspectives on commuter rail)
- Multimodal freeways including I-40 and future I-885 — Joey Hopkins, NCDOT Division 5 [slides 54-69 / video 47:03 – 58:00]
- Complete 540 — Rodger Rochelle, NC Turnpike Authority [slides 70-81 / video 58:01 – 1:06:12]
- Triangle Bikeway study — Kenneth Withrow, Capital Area MPO [slides 82-100 / video 1:06:13 – 1:17:12]
- Micromobility in Research Triangle Park — Hank Graham, RTP [slides 101-109 / video 1:17:13 – 1:25:40]
- Closing and RTA Partnership — Linda Hall, RTP and RTA membership and marketing chair [slides 110-111 / video 1:25:41 – 1:28:28]