RTA 2022 Transportation Breakfast:
Melding Life Science and Transportation InnovationPresented by Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
2022 RTA Transportation Breakfast event
July 22, 2022
8 a.m. – 10 a.m.
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
100 Woodland Pond Dr. Cary
The RTA Transportation Breakfast, presented by the Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
is an opportunity for the regional business community to come together and celebrate purposeful, collaborative, and focused efforts on mobility innovation that is literally changing and saving lives. For this year, we will hear from RTA Gold member United Therapeutics and two of their partner companies on an initiative that represents the marriage of life science and mobility.
SUMMARY OF WORKING AGENDA
8:00 am Arrival, registration, networking
8:40 am Welcome Remarks
- Jake Goldman, Beta Technologies
- Dewey Steadman, United Therapeutics
- Mikael Cardinal, Unither Bioelectronique Inc.
- Thomas Kaufman, United Therapeutics
- See below for more information about our 2022 keynote speakers
Panel Discussion + Q&A from event attendees
Special report from RDU Airport
- Patrick Hannah, RDU Authority chair
Closing remarks and adjourn
2022 Event Registration
- RTA Sustaining Gold members and above receive 8 tickets
- RTA Gold members receive 4 tickets
- RTA Silver members, Senior Regional Partners, and Bronze members receive 2 tickets
- RTA Standard members have 1 ticket
- $75 – RTA member additional ticket
- $150 – Non-RTA member ticket
- $45 – Public-sector partner ticket
To sponsor the event, please email: Jacob@letsgetmoving
2022 Event sponsors
- Research Triangle Foundation of NC (presenting sponsor)
- TowneBank (Sponsor)
- Credit Suisse (Sponsor)
- Town of Cary (Sponsor)
Presenting Sponsor ($5,000)
- Event “presented by” your company
- Opportunity to participate in event agenda
- Reserved parking with firm logo
- Prominent recognition at event and on RTA event webpage
- Plus all Event Sponsor benefits below
- Restricted to RTA Sustaining Gold members and Senior Regional Partners
Event Sponsor ($999)
- Company name displayed on event signage and event agenda
- Name and verbal recognition at event
- Name recognition in RTA promotional e-mails and on RTA event webpage
- Registration for six (6) participants at event
- RTA membership is not required to serve as an Event Sponsor.
Note: RTA Gold, Silver, and Bronze memberships also include recognition benefits at all events
About our 2022 keynote speaker companies
- United Therapeutics / Silver Spring, MD, Research Triangle Park, NC – UT has multiple active organ manufacturing programs and is a pioneer in xenotransplantation. UT is the first biotech/biopharma to take the form of a public benefit corporation.
- BETA Technologies / Burlington, VT – Beta is developing electric vertical aircraft (EVA) and an extended charging infrastructure network.
- Unither Bioélectronique / Bromont, QC – UB is researching the adaptation of electric vehicle aircraft for UT corporate focus/manufactured organ delivery.
About the RTA business leadership group
The Regional Transportation Alliance is the voice of the regional business community on transportation in North Carolina’s Research Triangle region, and a regional program of the Raleigh Chamber.
Founded in 2002, RTA is a metropolitan, private-public partnership that drives consensus and action. More than 100 leading companies work in concert through the RTA alongside 25 member chambers of commerce across 12 counties and a host of number of regional partners.
RTA delivers business leadership to get our region moving faster. Learn more at letsgetmoving.org.
RTA is a regional program of the Raleigh Chamber, which has determined that this event is permitted under Section 138A-32(e)(1)c of the General Statutes.
2021 event: The Future of Business Travel and RDU
On July 9, 2021, the regional business community received updated recommendations for ensuring the long-term success of RDU International at the RTA 2021 Transportation Breakfast event, held in person at The Umstead Hotel and Spa.
The RTA RDU AID Task Force presented new findings on how we can advance a sustainable airport funding model amidst rapid growth in our market.
Speakers included Michael Schoenfeld, Duke University, RTA chair, and Harold Hicks, Fidelity Investments, RTA incoming chair, among other RTA RDU AID task force members.
We also welcomed guest speaker Scott McCartney, Wall Street Journal, travel editor and author of the Middle Seat column, who spoke to the national landscape for commercial aviation and provided insights on post-pandemic air travel from a business perspective.
Regional Leadership Team
RTA Gold Members
Greater Durham Chamber of Commerce
Pinnacle Financial Partners
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Red Hat, Inc.
Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
Summit Design and Engineering Services, PLLC
Wake County Economic Development (EDGE6)
Wetherill Engineering, Inc
RTA Silver Members
AT&T North Carolina
Bolton & Menk
Capitol Broadcasting Co., Inc.
Chatham Park / Preston Development
Coastal Federal Credit Union
First Citizens Bank
First National Bank
Fox Rothschild LLP
FUJIFILM Diosynth Biotechnologies
Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau
ms consultants, inc.
North Carolina Railroad Company
North Carolina State University
Ramey Kemp & Associates, Inc.
SAS Institute Inc.
The Sunrock Group
The Umstead Hotel and Spa
UNC Chapel Hill
Wake Technical Community College
RTA Senior Regional Partners
Capital Area MPO
Durham-Chapel Hill-Carrboro MPO
City of Durham
GoRaleigh / City of Raleigh
Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority
Town of Cary
Town of Morrisville
Triangle J Council of Governments
RTA Bronze members
Alfred Benesch & Company
Clancy & Theys Construction Company
Gregory Poole Equipment Company
McKim & Creed
Trinity Capital Partners
WakeMed Health & Hospitals
York Properties, Inc./McDonald-York Building Company