RTA + RTP = Regional Transportation Accelerated Partnership
- December 11, 2020
- Posted by: Joe Milazzo II
- Category: Blog
This afternoon, the RTA business coalition had the opportunity to partner with the Research Triangle Park Foundation at their fall Owners & Tenants meeting.
RTA and RTP developed an agenda that covered a number of surface transportation issues, policies, and priorities, including:
- Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) projects in Chapel Hill and Wake County (Raleigh, Cary, Garner) — presented by Matt Cecil, Town of Chapel Hill and Michael Moore, City of Raleigh
- A Triangle FAST (Freeway And Street-based Transit) network concept — presented by Julie White, NCDOT Deputy Secretary
- Regional commuter rail — presented by Chuck Lattuca, GoTriangle
- Multimodal freeways — presented by Joey Hopkins, NCDOT
- Complete 540 — presented by Rodger Rochelle, NC Turnpike Authority
- Triangle Bikeway — presented by Kenneth Withrow, Capital Area MPO
- Micromobility in Research Triangle Park — presented by Hank Graham, RTP Foundation
The 90-minute meeting was opened and adjourned by senior leadership of the Foundation, including CEO Scott Levitan and CFO Linda Hall. RTA chair Maeve Gardner with GlaxoSmithKline also provided welcome remarks.
The event was fast-moving and informative, and highlighted both upcoming projects and the ongoing partnership between RTA, RTP, NCDOT, GoTriangle, and several other partners.
You can see the full presentation here.
We are grateful for the collaboration, and look forward to a future dialogue to move these and other projects forward to advance the Park and the region.
Let’s get moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA Executive Director
RTA is the voice of the regional business community on transportation