Member Briefing: April 9, 2021
- April 9, 2021
- Posted by: Joe Milazzo II
- Category: Member briefing
Here is a brief weekly update from the RTA business coalition — the voice of the regional business community on transportation.
Let’s clamp down on litter
The RTA is dedicated to ensuring our roadways support commerce, tourism, transit, and overall quality of life for residents in our region and state. Enhancing mobility and safety along the roadway network includes keeping it clear of litter, which also improves our environment and travel experience. RTA has an ongoing partnership task force with NCDOT on litter prevention, led by RTA travel experience chair Jim Beley with The Umstead Hotel and Spa and RTA tourism and business travel chair Denny Edwards with the Greater Raleigh CVB. Now is the perfect time for you to join in on elevating this issue.
This week’s RTA blog highlights the challenges with litter, and how we can help.
- The 2021 North Carolina Spring Litter Sweep begins this weekend. You can sign up to participate here.
- You can share this email, the RTA blog, or these new PSAs from NCDOT.
- If you see someone litter, you can use this NCDOT mobile web tool or call 800-331-5864.
Thank you for providing regional business leadership on transportation through your membership in the RTA!
Let’s get moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA Executive Director