- June 16, 2022
- Posted by: Jacob Rigg
- Category: Blog
As the Triangle transitions to more greener forms of transportation, it’s always important to include safety in our preparations and travel. With continued focus on the Triangle Bikeway and a push for alternative commute methods, we will continue to see our streets and roadways have an increase number of cyclists sharing the road with vehicles.
Here are some safety tips provided by the City of Raleigh for both walkers and cyclists:
Pedestrian Safety Tips:
- Always look both ways before crossing.
- When crossing streets or entering any potentially dangerous situation, it’s important to engage all your senses and mitigate any distractions like mobile phones.
- Be predictable and follow all pedestrian and traffic signs.
Bicyclist Safety Tips:
- Wear a helmet
- Wear reflective gear when cycling at night.
- Reduce distractions while cycling.
- Obey all stop lights and traffic signs.
Following these guidelines can help ensure safe travels for all modes of transportation and help all of us get moving to our destination by bike, walking, or car.
Lets Get Moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA Executive Director
RTA is the voice of the regional business community on transportation