Member Briefing: July 8, 2022
- July 7, 2022
- Posted by: Jacob Rigg
- Category: Member briefing
Here is a brief weekly update from the RTA business coalition – the voice of the regional business community on transportation.
RTA Transportation Breakfast is fast approaching
The RTA 2022 Transportation Breakfast, presented by Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina, is only two weeks away. Registration is included in your RTA membership — but the deadline to register for the event is next Friday, July 15.
The event will feature focused efforts on mobility innovation that is literally changing and saving lives. For this year, we will hear remarks from outstanding speakers from the following organizations:
- United Therapeutics / Silver Spring, MD, Research Triangle Park, NC
- Unither Bioélectronique / Bromont, QC
- BETA Technologies / Burlington, VT
We will also receive a timely update from RDU Airport Authority at the event. You can read more about this event in this week’s blog.
RTA Accelerated Metropolitan Mobility Strategy
As we begin the second half of 2022, I remind our members that our work will continue to be centered on the RTA Accelerated Metropolitan Mobility strategy for the Research Triangle area. The five components, which can be found via a link from our home page, are:
1. Identify sustainable funding for RDU Airport
2. Advance enhanced regional transit system
3. Promote rapid relief freeway improvements
4. Support mobility innovations and pilots
5. Modernize revenues for highways and streets
We will continue to advance key priorities in each of these areas in 2022 and into 2023 — from funding for the primary runway at RDU, to commuter rail and a Freeway And Street-based Transit (FAST) network, to improvements to I-40, and innovations in technology and funding.
Thank you for your ongoing dedication to regional business leadership on mobility.
Let’s get moving,
RTA Executive Director