Mark Your Calendars: The Regional Transit Awareness Tour Is September 29
- September 1, 2022
- Posted by: Jacob Rigg
- Category: Blog
After the overwhelmingly positive feedback of the RTA South Florida tour back in March, RTA is hosting another visit; this time right in our own backyard! On Thursday, September 29, 2022, on “Regional Transit Awareness Day”, RTA will be hosting an all-day, hands-on, interactive intercity visit of public transit in Raleigh, Durham, and Chapel Hill. As with our South Florida tour, RTA member companies, elected officials and interested third-party organizations will have the opportunity to journey together across the Triangle to see what works, what doesn’t and how we can improve upon the existing public transit backbone.
Our current day-long tour agenda, which includes a series of briefings and transit field visits, is as follows:
(all times approximate; agenda subject to change)
- 7a – 7:45a – Attendee arrival / welcome breakfast – at Regional Transit Center (RTC)
Participants will meet at the GoTriangle RTC, located at 901 Slater Rd, Durham
Includes distribution of Whisper units
Breakfast provided by GoCary/Town of Cary
- 7:45a – Leadership briefing 1: Overview of day, RTC, Cary focus
- 8:30a – Transit field visit 1: RTC to Raleigh via regional bus
- 9:15a – Leadership briefing 2: Raleigh
- 10:00a – Transit field visit 2: Raleigh to Durham via passenger rail
Dedicated passenger coaches provided by NCDOT
- 10:45a – Leadership briefing 3: Durham
- 11:30a – Transit field visit 3: Durham to Chapel Hill via regional bus
- 12:15p – Lunch and Leadership briefing 4: Chapel Hill
- 1:45p – Transit field visit 4: Chapel Hill to RTC via regional bus
- 2:45p – Closing reception/discussion at Hub RTP
Closing reception hosted by the Research Triangle Foundation of North Carolina
- 4:15p – Return to RTC
- event ends
If you missed your chance to attend our Florida tour, if you are interested in learning more about the Triangle’s current and potential transit offerings, or if you simply want an encore RTA tour this year, registration for this event is open (limit 1 per company during early registration, approx. September 22.) Pre-registration is required and space is limited.
Public-sector partner tickets are $40, RTA Member tickets are $70, and nonprofit partner tickets are $70. General pricing after September 12 will be $90.
Please visit the tour webpage here for more information including the current initial list of registrations. Let me or Jacob (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have any questions.
I look forward to seeing everyone there, and a big thank you to our community partners at our region’s transit partners for spearheading the transit logistics required to make this event happen.
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA Executive Director
RTA is the voice of the regional business community on transportation