Reliving a great day to celebrate 540
- March 29, 2023
- Posted by: Jacob Rigg
- Category: Blog
Last Thursday, more than 50 RTA members and partners came together for our spring 2023 RTA 540 field visit in collaboration with Wake Tech Community College, NCDOT and the NC Turnpike Authority. The event provided our attendees with “boots on the ground visibility” of this vital project which is slated to open next spring and show the difference from the last field visit conducted in September 2021.
- J.J. Eden, NC Turnpike Authority, executive director
- Dennis Jernigan, NC Turnpike Authority, chief engineer
- Susan Evans, Wake County Board of Commissioners, vice chair
- Brandon Jones, NCDOT, Division 5 Engineer for Raleigh and Durham area
- Scott Ralls, Wake Technical Community College, president and CEO; RTA workforce and equity chair
- Jay Irby, First Citizens Bank, Triangle Area Executive; RTA chair
- Joe Milazzo, RTA executive director
RTA tour participants were able to view two different sections of 540, and learn about the impact of this project to our region.
Click here for some photos from the event, courtesy of our friends with NCDOT and the NC Turnpike Authority.
RTA would like to thank and acknowledge all the community, public and private sector partners who banded together to make this project happen and move transportation forward in our market. This has been a project RTA has supported and lobbied for since its inception.
We expect to be out in the 540 field at least one more time before the southern section opens next year — look for an invite to all RTA members in early 2024.
Let’s get moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA executive director
RTA is the voice of the regional business community on transportation