Mark Your Calendars, RTA Set to Celebrate BRT at Transportation Breakfast 2023 on July 21
- May 12, 2023
- Posted by: Jacob Rigg
- Category: Blog
Each year RTA hosts a transportation breakfast, which brings the regional business community, elected officials and interested third parties together for a morning of networking and informative, meaningful conversation. This year’s breakfast, to be held Friday, July 21st at the new Westin Raleigh/Durham Hotel in Brier Creek and presented by the Research Triangle Foundation, will celebrate the launch of BRT across the Triangle. The event will highlight the beginning of construction for the New Bern Avenue BRT corridor in Raleigh, which will be the first tangible phase of linking our region together with high quality transit. The conversation will also include BRT links to Garner, Cary, and Chapel Hill, along with future links to Durham, Research Triangle Park, RDU Airport, and the rest of the region.
We have a great lineup of speakers and panelists including:
- Mary-Ann Baldwin, mayor, City of Raleigh
- Harold Weinbrecht, mayor, Town of Cary
- Leonardo Williams, Durham City Council
- Michael Parker, Chapel Hill Town Council
- Brenda Howerton, chair, Durham County Board of Commissioners
- Butch Lawter, chair, Johnston County Board of Commissioners
- Susan Evans, vice chair, Wake County Board of Commissioners
- Sally Greene, Orange County Board of Commissioners
- Jay Irby, First Citizens Bank, RTA chair
- Brandon Jones, NCDOT Division 5 Engineer
- David Eatman, City of Raleigh
- Het Patel, City of Raleigh
- Brian Litchfield, Town of Chapel Hill
Tickets are available now and are included in your RTA membership. Additional tickets are also available for purchase.
RTA would also like to thank this year’s sponsors Credit Suisse and Martin Marietta. Sponsorships for the Breakfast are still available starting at $999 and include:
- Company name displayed on event signage and event agenda
- Name and verbal recognition at event
- Name recognition in RTA promotional e-mails and on RTA event webpage
- Registration for eight (8) participants at event with at-table name recognition
- RTA membership is not required to serve as an Event Sponsor
All RTA members at the Bronze level or higher also receive recognition at all our events. For more information on sponsoring this event, please contact our Membership Operations Coordinator Jacob Rigg at Jacob@letsgetmoving.org or 919.664.7062.
I hope to see everyone there!
Let’s get moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA executive director
RTA is the voice of the regional business community on transportation