Member Briefing: March 25, 2022
- March 27, 2022
- Posted by: Joe Milazzo II
- Category: Member briefing
Here is a brief weekly update from the RTA business coalition – the voice of the regional business community on transportation.
- All RTA members are asked to complete this RDU support letter survey if you have not already done so.
- Register for our next RTA General Membership Meeting where we will gather to celebrate the I-885 / Durham East End Connector. This outdoor event is included with your RTA membership, and will be held on May 17 (rain date May 19). Register online here.
- Mark your calendar for the RTA 2022 Transportation Breakfast on July 22. This annual signature event is included with your membership, and you can register – or sponsor – the event by clicking here.
The RTA team is growing. It is a common phrase in business and elsewhere that success is a team sport. In this week’s Thursday Thoughts at 3 blog post I welcome several members of the RTA team. For this weekly member briefing I provide the following summary:
Jacob Rigg is our new RTA membership operations coordinator. His role is to enhance your membership experience and to sustain efficiency for the program. He has a BS in Communication from the University of North Florida and an AA/AS degree in digital media from Eastern Florida State College. You can reach him at 919.664.7062; his email is email@example.com.
Michael Hogan is an economist in the Center for Applied Economics and Strategy at RTI International. Earlier this month he began serving as our new RTA policy and research coordinator through a contract with RTI. Michael has a BA in Economics from the University of Notre Dame and an MA in City and Regional Planning from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He can be reached via firstname.lastname@example.org.
I also want to commend my Raleigh Chamber colleagues for their ongoing assistance, support, and more than two decades of partnership. We rely on our fellow Chamber staff colleagues for administrative, information technology, communications, billing and financial, event management, and other support and expertise including government affairs, economic development and innovation. The majority of the Raleigh Chamber staff has provided assistance on some aspect of next week’s RTA Leadership Tour to South Florida, in particular events manager Amy Crum. You can view the entire Raleigh Chamber staff directory here.
Thank you for your partnership, and for your commitment to growing regional business leadership on mobility.
Let’s get moving,
Joe Milazzo II, PE
RTA Executive Director
Click here for prior RTA Member Briefings and RTA Blogs.